VSHA Innovation Award
The VSHA Board requests nominations for the VSHA Innovation Award. This award was initiated in 2011 to honor the late Stephanie Keitel, MS, CCC-SLP who loved traveling the state of Vermont, seeing progress, facilitating change, training others and advocating for children. Stephanie was instrumental in implementing and overseeing a SLP-Assistant program. She was also very active in VSHA and assisted in enacting licensure for SLPs. The creation of this award marked the beginning of a tradition in which VSHA acknowledges those who have made innovative contributions and offers incentive to future recipients.
This award is intended to be presented annually to a Vermont speech-language pathologist or audiologist who has significantly contributed to the profession. The recipient will be recognized at VSHA's annual fall meeting and will receive a monetary award of between $250 and $500.
Criteria for nominations:
- The candidate must have practiced in the field of speech-language pathology or audiology within the past 10 years. The candidate may be currently retired.
- The candidate must have been an active VSHA constituent member for a minimum of two years.
- The candidate must be licensed in Vermont and a current member of the Vermont Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- The candidate must have contributed significantly to the speech-language-hearing profession in terms of dedication and involvement in practice, education, research, or public health.
- The candidate must have promoted the profession of speech-language pathology and/or audiology and acted as a role model for newer members.
Nominations are accepted from Vermont SLPs, audiologists and their colleague or clients.
- The nominator(s) must submit a letter(s) of recommendation outlining the candidate's eligibility, accomplishments and contributions to the profession with specific mention of an idea, project or program that was implemented by the nominee and why it can be viewed as innovative. Letters of recommendation should not exceed two (2) typewritten pages. More than one letter of support for a nominee will be accepted. Please include nominator's contact information.
- Present members of the VSHA Executive Board or the VSHA Liaisons to ASHA are ineligible.
Please submit nomination letters by July 1st via email to firstname.lastname@example.org