Become a Member or Renew Your Membership
VSHA Membership runs the calendar year (Jan 1 - Dec 31)
$50 for SLPs and Audiologists with Masters or Doctoral degree
$20 for Associate Membership (SLP-Assistant, Paraprofessional, Student, Bachelor's degree)
No Charge for SLP or AUD graduates for the remainder of their graduating year
$25 for SLP or AUD graduates for their first year following graduation
No Charge for Life Membership (62 years of age AND VSHA member for 10 consecutive years of previous 10)
JOIN or RENEW NOW!
VSHA strives to provide its members with useful benefits:
- Information and advocacy related to state licensure and regulations
- Lobbyist who monitors and assists legislative activities pertinent to VSHA
- Monthly email announcements regarding regional professional continuing education opportunities and/or events
- Networking with other SLPs and audiologists through web-based and in-person formal and informal get-togethers
- Better Hearing & Speech Month support and resources
- VSHA sponsored continuing education conferences at reduced fees
- VSHA board or committees provide opportunities for participation and leadership
- Member only access to website wiki for archived VSHA information and documents
- Free Life Membership (62-years of age and member for 10 consecutive years of previous 10 years)
- Member grants – apply for monetary support for projects to support work in our profession
- Awards – monetary recognition for a fellow VSHA member chosen by his or her colleagues
Additionally, as a VSHA member, you are part of an exclusive group that has partnered with Liberty Mutual Insurance to save you money on auto and homeowners insurance. Start saving today! To obtain a free, no-obligation quote and take advantage of this special offering, contact Ben Fuller at (802) 747-0600 or Benjamin.email@example.com
VSHA Board or Committee Volunteer Opportunities
Do you want to make a difference and have fun at the same time? Join the VSHA Executive Board or a Committee.
Do some professional networking while helping to advance your profession’s recognition among members and the public and at the state and national level.
Our Executive Board meets approximately 9 times a year via web-based meeting software. We typically have a meeting that lasts 1.5 to 2 hours in the early evening.
We have an annual meeting for our membership in the Fall or Spring usually at a conference. We also have two half-day retreats in the winter and summer where we discuss long range planning. In between those times we use email to communicate about questions and ongoing work we are doing.
Board participation is voluntary, but we offer Executive Board members free tuition to our conferences and some expense coverage depending on position and related activities. Click here to see our Bylaws which includes a list of Board positions. Click here to see our Policies & Procedures which includes position descriptions.
We hope you will join the Vermont Speech-Language Hearing Association Board in its efforts to make your profession stronger in our state.
Our committees welcome new members. Interested? Contact the committee chair to indicate your interest.